Seminar is almost here! Here’s some practical information related to the seminar:
Seminar place is Awase Dojo at Kaapelitehdas/Cable Factor,
Arriving at the Cable Factory:
- Metro from the east / Central Railway Station
Take the metro towards Tapiola/ Matinkylä. Get off at Ruoholahti station.
From the metro station, it’s about an 8-minute walk to the Cable Factory. Alternatively, you can take tram number 8 towards Jätkäsaari from the metro station. The tram ride takes about 4 minutes, and the stop is Kaapelitehdas.
- Bus from Kamppi
Kamppi E-level, bus platforms: Bus 21 Lauttasaari (M) via Vattuniemi.
Get off at Salmisaari stop. From the bus stop, it’s about a 3-minute walk to the Cable Factory.
- Private car / carpooling
Parking around the Cable Factory is limited and chargeable. We recommend using public transportation or walking/cycling to get here.
- See also: Kaapelitehdas – how to get there
Navigating within the Cable Factory:
- When arriving on foot from the metro or tram direction, you will first encounter Tanssintalo (Dance House).
You can pass through the glass courtyard of Tanssintalo to reach the inner courtyard of the Cable Factory and then head to C-staircase.
The tatami is located on the 4th floor, on the left behind the fire doors after entering through the glass doors.
- When arriving by bus, the road leads directly to the inner courtyard of the Cable Factory, where you can access the C-staircase.
- Men’s changing rooms can be found on the 3rd floor.
You can also access the changing rooms through the D-staircase.
Please bring your own lock if you wish to leave your bag in a locker. Otherwise you can bring you bag to the dojo.
Note: The men’s changing room on the 4th floor is reserved for instructors’ use only.
- Women have access to changing rooms on the 3rd and 4th floors.
If needed, guidance to the changing rooms is available in front of the tatami.
Payment for the Seminar:
- Cash: You can pay for the seminar in cash when you arrive at the tatami. If paying in cash, we recommend using exact change.
- Bank transfer: If paying for the seminar via bank transfer, please show the receipt of payment before entering the training area. Write “Hal Lehrman 2023” in the message field when making the bank transfer.
- Please arrive well before the start of the training sessions. Especially on the first day, we recommend allowing plenty of time to find your place and register.
- There are two cafes at the Cable Factory where you can take breaks and enjoy some snacks.
- Hima&Sali, 1st floor, C-staircase Offers cafe products and soup during lunchtime
- Konttori, 1st floor, inner courtyard
- Bringing your own food is allowed, but there are no refrigeration facilities on the tatami, and there are limited lounging areas in the hallways of the Cable Factory.
Accommodation at the dojo: If needed, you can stay overnight at the dojo on the tatami in your own sleeping bag.
Welcome to the seminar on August 11th-13th, 2023!